Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Resolutions for 2015

Amanda Cavanagh
Director, Research and Business Development


January is a time for New Year’s resolutions.  When I set goals for the coming year, I envision myself on December 31, 2015.  What do I want to look back on and be proud that I accomplished?

I recently met an amazing participant who receives support and services through one of the long-term programs iLIFE serves.  In the past, this individual’s caregivers took advantage of them.  Not only did they have to fit into the caregiver’s schedule, but they also had to deal with workers unwilling to perform specific tasks they needed done. This abuse of power by a caregiver is tragic.

We then talked about resolutions for 2015.  Although this person is striving to overcome poor caregivers in their past, they are determined to reach their goals.

“This year I will be able to live independently in my home.”

“Next year, I hope to be able to leave my home without assistance.”

This individual’s hopes and dreams exceed all limitations they currently face.  Their strength is an inspiration and reminds me that compassion is an essential part of long-term care programs.

Looking back at my first year working for iLIFE, the determination our consumers have to become independent makes me realize the limitless potential for my personal goals.

So, what is my goal for year two?  This year, I will be a champion for the people we serve.  I will start each day by asking myself, “what will I do today to make tomorrow better?”

That is a New Year’s resolution we can all commit to.



Learn more about iLIFE
Follow iLIFE on Twitter
Connect with iLIFE on LinkedIn


No comments:

Post a Comment